Garbage Disposal Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Garbage disposals are one of the most-used appliances in your home, but they often get overlooked when it comes to maintenance and upkeep. If your disposal is broken, leaking or you just need a new one installed, call the plumbing technicians at Glasmeier Plumbing.
We’ve been taking care of your friends and neighbors around Newark, OH for almost 20 years and have great reviews on Yelp, Google and Facebook. All of our work is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed and we’re available 24/7 for all of your plumbing emergencies.
Common Garbage Disposal Issues
- Complete breakdown: If the disposal doesn’t turn on, it may need to be reset. Tripped circuit breakers may also be the cause. If the motor has failed, we can replace the unit with a new model.
- Jamming: Food and other items can clump together and jam your disposal, rendering it useless. Jams can often be cleared without any additional garbage disposal repair.
- Noise: Is your garbage disposal making strange noises — whirring or clicking? Sometimes the motor needs to be replaced, but it’s often just a screw that needs tightening. Blades, bearings and other parts can become loose or worn; our trained plumbers will quickly diagnose your problem and offer you options.
- Humming without disposing or draining: If your disposal makes a humming noise when turned on, the pipe or flywheel may be clogged. Our plumbers are usually able to remove the blockage to get things working properly again.
- Leaky disposal: A broken pipe or damage to the disposal could cause it to leak into the space under the sink. Water damage, mold and other problems can result. We’ll assess the problem and offer you the most cost-effective solution.
Tips for Keeping Your Disposal in Great Condition
- Avoid putting non-food items in the disposal
- Don’t dispose of cooking oil or grease
- Add only small items, as large pieces can cause a clog
- Cut larger items into small pieces first
- Refresh your disposal by running lemon or citrus peels through it (***but never put your hand in the disposal***)
The expert plumbing technicians at Glasmeier Plumbing have been serving Heath, Buckeye Lake, Newark and all of Licking County, OH for almost 20 years with quality, guaranteed plumbing service. We have the experience and training to handle all of your plumbing repair needs. We’re available 24/7 for emergency plumbing. Call today to schedule your garbage disposal repair or installation. We look forward to meeting you and becoming the plumber you recommend to your friends!